The OurBoards Weekly Visual Timetable Board is quicker to prepare, easier to use and more robust than a paper timetable. The layout of the board has been designed, in conjunction with parents, to combine distinct spaces for pictures and notes whilst not overwhelming senses.
How to use a Weekly Visual Timetable
Listen to our podcast interview with Donna, who homeschools her autistic son, Sean. Donna explains how the Weekly Timetable Board has changed her and Sean’s life.
- The OurBoards Weekly Visual Timetable board does more than “regular” paper visual timetables
- You can personalise the board with your own photographs or use images and clipart from the Internet to encourage users to engage rather than just use the timetable
- The user can choose their own personal images themselves and place them in the amazing, self cling Gecko pockets (included) with no need for laminating
- The user or carer can add notes using any dry-wipe pen to expand on the pictures, to make it personal to the user and help them to take ownership of the board
- The user or carer can update the board at the end of the day as a reminder of what has been achieved and to use as a conversation starter with family and friends
- And because it’s a dry-wipe board any mistakes can be corrected without any messy crossing out, so the board always looks neat and tidy
- The beautiful graphics printed on a weatherproof, lightweight foam core give the board its premium feel and bestow a positive sense of self worth
What People Say About The Weekly Visual Timetable
I am really pleased with how well my son engaged with his new board, he uses it as an external brain that helps him to organise his thoughts and prepare himself. It has also surprised me how he uses it to express himself, by writing his feelings about activities with smiles and sad faces.
The board is good for children with challenging behaviour too, it is very durable, and I don’t have to keep replacing timetables I have made, as he used to screw them up. Now he brings the board to me on a Sunday saying, ‘Do my board.’ He Said, ‘It’s good, it helps me to understand what’s going on and I don’t have to ask mum all the time, as I can just look at it.’
I feel there is so much more we can do with the board, we are at the start of a great journey and it will be interesting to see how it develops. Thank you, OurBoards.
Sent to us by Sue, a Mum of a very lovely young lad with Foetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder
I have been using a homemade velcro weekly visual timetable for over a year for my son who is 5. He has high-functioning autism and can get very anxious if he cannot refer to the plan for his week. His homemade Planner, whilst still useful, really was just a visual reminder with very little 2-way interaction.I ordered a Weekly Planner from OurBoards and when it arrived the first thing I was impressed with was the quality of the board. It is lightweight but is sturdy and wipes clean far easier than most whiteboards I’ve used previously. The self-cling pockets are genius! It makes it so easy to adapt the Planner and slot in pictures for any occasion. And the pockets stick to most doors and walls in our house which makes them really versatile for other visual prompts when we need them.
The best thing of all is that the OurBoards Weekly Planner has encouraged my son to want to write about his day – simple things at the moment like ‘good day’ or ‘fun’ but I’m confident that he’ll want to do this more as his writing skills improve.
Most of all, my son sees this as his Planner and he wants to be involved in decisions as we change it each week.
I bought one of the ‘Daily Timetable’ boards for my son a few months ago. He is 13 and I wanted to update his old visual timetable now he is a bit older. It is absolutely fantastic. We bought a variety of coloured pens to go with it and my son loves it. The Gecko pockets are a superb idea and allow us to still use some pecs and put photos on the board as well as writing on it!
We are going away tomorrow and found the board doesn’t fit in our case so have ordered a smaller ‘now and next’ board and more smaller Gecko pockets that should arrive today!
Customer service was fantastic.
This product pack includes 10 Gecko self cling pockets. The pockets open along the long side to make it as easy as possible for someone with poor fine motor skills to place the pictures in the pockets themselves.
Weekly Visual Timetable Features:
- Dry Wipe
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Pack includes:
- 1 board, size approx. 72 cm x 38 cm
- 10 of 95mm x 60mm pockets, landscape opening
- 1 dry wipe pen
- 1 Suction pen holder
The Premium Extended Weekly Visual Timetable Board is manufactured with a strong lightweight base and is robust and weather resistant. The surface of the mat is a dry wipe laminate then enables you to write and wipe time and time again. Only dry wipe pens and cleaning sprays should be used.
OurBoard pockets are manufactured with a base layer of Gecko laminate. Gecko laminate is an amazing new material that sticks to most smooth surfaces, such as wood, glass, whiteboards and smooth painted walls. Gecko laminate gives an optimum combination of ease of use and function and provides options to suit your particular environment. Mounted on the attractive, printed base layer is a clear PVC pocket that perfectly holds a 95mm x 60mm, approximately credit card size, piece of paper or card
Wall Mounts Available
The Premium Extended Weekly Visual Timetable Board can be used on the table top or it can be wall mounted using 3M Command Strips.