Totally Unique Product
- Use our unique self cling pockets to put your own pictures on your board
- Make people, places and things real by using your own pictures
- Recall and talk about earlier activities part way through the routine
- Use your own pictures so no need to buy expansion packs for additional activities
- Saves money on buying extra cards
- Price includes FREE delivery within the UK
- Improves communication
- Reduces meltdowns
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Quick to prepare and easy to use
- More robust than paper timetables
- The layout combines spaces for pictures and notes without overwhelming the senses
- Rigid, lightweight, durable materials for long life
- Dry wipe surface
- Pack includes:
- 1 board approx. 21cm x 30cm
- 4 self cling pockets 95mm x 60mm with landscape opening
We understand that not everyone has the facility to print pictures for use with OurBoards products. In order to make OurBoards as widely available as possible, we will print up to 18 (9 pictures per sheet) photos FREE for customers that have purchased a board that includes Gecko pockets. Once you have ordered your board, you should email your pictures to pictures@OurBoards.co.uk and we will print them and include them with your order. We will, however, leave the cutting out to you.
How to personalise your board
This board can be used for many different applications so we have made it easy to personalise and easy to use.
- Download photographs or clip art from the internet or take your own photographs and upload them to your computer.
- Print the images. Tip: If you’re using a Windows PC then printing nine pictures to a page using the Wallet (9) template makes the pictures just about the correct size for the pockets.
- Cut out your pictures and place them in the Gecko pockets
- Remove the backing sheet from the pockets and place them in the correct order in the green column on the board
- Show the user the board and go through each picture with them and make sure that they understand what each picture represents
- As the user completes each task they move the picture from the green column to the red column to show that it’s been done
- Finally, reset the board by moving all the pockets back to the green column
How to use the Now Next Board
The only now next board that enables you to use your own pictures to personalise your timetable for your child.
“Photos and real life images always make the best visual interventions for people with Autism and other additonal needs. Often they find generic images difficult to decode” Andrew Whitehouse MSpEd CPSE (PGCert), BAHons QTS, SEND Consultant (Forensic), TEDx Speaker.
A symbol of a chicken nugget isn’t a chicken nugget, but a photograph is and children know the difference.