A Now Next Board is a visual strategy used to help children and adults with language difficulties, behavioural issues, SEND or dementia to complete specific tasks.
Typical tasks that can be managed with a Now Next board include morning routine, evening routine, leaving the house, taking medicine and “how to” tasks such simple food preparation.
How to personalise your Now Next board
A Now Next board can be used for many different applications so we have made this board easy to personalise and easy to use.
- Download photographs or clip art from the internet or take your own photographs and upload them to your computer.
- Print the images. Tip: If you’re using a Windows PC then printing nine pictures to a page using the Wallet (9) template makes the pictures just about the correct size for the pockets.
- Cut out your pictures and place them in the Gecko pockets
- Remove the backing sheet from the pockets and place them in the correct order in the green column on the board
- Show the user the board and go through each picture with them and make sure that they understand what each picture represents
- As the user completes each task they move the picture from the green column to the red column to show that it’s been done
- Finally, reset the board by moving all the pockets back to the green column
- Dry Wipe
- Attractive bear design
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- A4 board size = 21cm x 30cm
- 3 x A8 Gecko self cling pockets