I’m really excited to announce that Steve Bassett is working with OurBoards to develop a range of products under the title of Learning Walls. Steve has been developing Learning Walls over the past ten years as a tool to help pupils, teachers and school management.
As well as working with us to develop products, Steve is helping us to develop a programme to provide experienced educational advisors to help schools successfully implement Learning Walls and improve their Ofsted rating.
- Provide consistency to the focus for learning in every classroom throughout the school
- Clearly demonstrate and display the school’s commitment to creating a positive learning culture across the school
- Clearly make the links between great learning, purposeful engagement, pupil involvement and high quality teaching
- Create a genuine sense of pupil engagement in learning and a desire to succeed
- Provide a visible and attractive means of capturing teaching and, more importantly, pupils’ learning journey, during a ‘learning and teaching unit’ over a week, two weeks or longer
- Give real opportunities for independent pupil learning and involvement
- Create opportunities for pupil co-operation, reflection and discussion before, during and after lessons
OurBoards Learning Walls Pack
The ready-made Learning Wall pack, designed specifically with Year 1 – Year 6 pupils in mind, provides everything needed to create, within minutes, an engaging, stimulating and yet ‘business -like’ board to use as a focal point for teaching and pupil learning.
The wide range of ready-made materials within the pack enable a teacher to use their flair and creativity to personalise their Learning Walls whilst maintaining a high level of consistency throughout the school.
Using the pack, a well-constructed Learning Wall quickly brings planning to life providing a scaffold or framework upon which the main elements of lesson planning can unfold, involving the pupils as it does, step by step throughout the week. This means that the hard work put into planning is demonstrably clear, open to the pupils so that they are fully involved in the learning journey as they are guided towards achieving the criteria for success.
Steve is a highly skilled leader who has 38 years’ experience within education, more than 22 of them as a primary Headteacher. He possesses headship and interim headship experience across the full primary range including mainstream, special, faith and multi-ethnic schools, in both challenging and affluent areas as well as rural and urban settings.
Over the last couple of years in consultancy roles, Steve has advised on and participated in primary school strategies regarding behaviour management, teaching and learning, leadership and management, coaching and mentoring teachers and TAs, ‘Learning Walls’, governor training and the place of the school in the local community, as well as undertaking a series of one-day, whole-school reviews for a Learning Trust.
Steve regularly delivers training courses, some in terms of governor education, training and support, and others delivering programmes helping schools move from Good to Outstanding, with consistently very good feedback.
To any role, Steve brings a wealth of experience, a very high level of commitment and reliability, excellent communication skills and a calm yet determined and tenacious approach combined with very good interpersonal skills and approachability.
For more information:
If you would like more information about OurBoards Learning Walls for your school or if you are interested in becoming an OurBoards Partner Consultant, then please get in touch.
Neale Hayward-Shott, Director, OurBoards, neale@OurBoards.co.uk, 07999 814112
Steve Bassett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07941 264332