The Premium Extended Weekly Visual Calendar Board is manufactured with a strong lightweight base and is robust and weather resistant. The surface of the board is a dry wipe laminate that enables you to write and wipe time and time again. Only dry wipe pens and cleaning sprays should be used.
- Dry Wipe
- White Design
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Size approx. 60 cm x 35 cm
- Includes 10 x A8 Gecko pockets
- Includes Gecko “Today” sticker to help identify the current day
How to use
The board has two purposes:
- To provide a clear view of what is happening each day in a way that the person living with dementia will, hopefully, trust.
- To provide clear reminders for those activities are coming up.
Calendar / Daily Activities
Keep the board up to date with this week’s activities. If it would be helpful, place the Today sticker over the relevant day to help the person to place today in the week. Use the first two rows for details of what’s happening using words and pictures. Pictures, such as photographs of visitors, can be mounted in the panels using Gecko self-cling pockets. Note: some people find pictures more useful than words whilst others find pictures hard to recognise. The third row can be used to highlight activities and conversations that have been particularly positive. These notes inform further conversations, prolonging or repeating the benefit.
Discuss what the person did or will do during the week. Use the information on the calendar section of the board to discuss visits and activities that were highlighted as positive.